Hello my friends! Yes, today we are making home-made bath bombs. We are going to mix, tint, flavor, and perfume them. It’s that easy. I am not a crafty person; really, I am not. Luckily, these don’t require any major technique. If you can measure and stir, you have a bomb :).
I am quite proud of making my own lip balms, moisture bars and even soap bars. The best thing is that you know exactly what you use. What’s even better is that they are cheap to make.
With their bold colors, pretty touches, and flavorful scents, they are perfect gifts. I am ready to bottle them up and pass it on to my girlfriends for Valentine’s.
- 225g Baking Soda
- 113g Citric Acid
- 113g Corn Flour (cornstarch)
- 113g Epsom Salts
- 1 tsp witch hazel or any rose toner or water
- 2 tsp Essential Oil(rose geranium, lavender)- any essential oil you like
- 3 tbsp almond oil/coconut oil/olive oil
- Few drops Food Coloring
- Dried lavender flowers, dried rose petals
- In a large bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, corn flour, epsom salt.
- In a separate bowl add, essential oil, almond oil and mix well.
- Add the witch hazel, water in the dry ingredients. Add few drops of food coloring. Slowly add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients and quickly rub with both your hands. Rub the mixture well. Make sure not to add too much liquid or too less of. You should be able to squeeze a small amount in your hands, and it will hold shape.
- Using a bath bomb mold or small cups put some lavender flowers, rose petals and fill it with the mixture and over fill the other cup with the mixture, press the two and lightly tap with a spoon to un mold it.
- Very importantly, dry it overnight before wrapping and packing.
- Add one bath bomb for a foot spa or to soak in.