Hello there my friends!! Long time, no see.
Boy, is it hard to get to a routine after a fun 2 months of no cooking, no photography, and just lazing around.
Hope your summer went well. Any interesting things you did during summer, would love to hear.
It’s quite appropriate to say that we traveled the whole globe in the last 2 months. It was one heck of a fun summer, travels, family, lots of food and more food.
I have a post coming up soon on my travels, with pictures of monuments, food, and all the colors. Well, before I could jump into that post, life happened. School and routine began, and what to pack for school lunch is now always on my mind. This is one of my go to lunches for the boys and makes for a colorful and healthy meal. Pack the sauce separately and add any veggies you like. It’s a base and tastes absolutely good even when it’s only slightly warm.
Healthy and a perfectly balanced dish, with an amazing sauce. Hope you get to try it out!
Have a wonderful week! All the best for all the kids who start school this week.
- 2 cups dry pasta(any pasta with some
- 8 oz of canned chickpea or cooked chickpea 1 cup
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- basil - 15-20 leaves
- Toasted Peanuts - 2 tbsp
- Almonds 2 tbsp
- sesame seeds -1 tbsp
- Lime juice from ½ lime
- ⅓ tsp red chili flakes
- sriracha- 1tsp
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 garlic
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- Olive oil -1 tsp
- cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- roasted fennel seeds -1/3 tsp(optional)
- 1 stalk green onion/scallion
- Water to thin the dressing
- Cook the pasta till al dante and run it through cold water to take away any starch. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can make the dressing.
- Grind everything required for the dressing to a smooth paste. Add a tablespoon or so of the hot water to thin it down. It should be of pourable consistency.
- Take a pan, add a tsp of oil and ⅓ tsp fennel and add the cooked chickpeas. If you are using the canned, drain it very well and then use.
- Toss them well and add the cherry tomatoes and toss for 30 seconds to a minute. Take it off the heat.
- Add the pasta and veggies in a bowl and top it with basil.
- Add the dressing 15 minutes before serving.
Follow me on Snapchat-Ashfoodfashion for everyday food ideas.
‘ALL RIGHTS RESERVED’
ALL IMAGES AND POST COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. Do NOT copy it, do not use it anywhere without our consent. PLEASE give due credit if you do recreate it for your blog with your own special touches.