Happy Mother’s Day!!!!
I am a big lover of handmade gifts and these ridiculously easy and beautiful DIYs are perfect for moms. They also make great gifts for friends and end of the year teacher’s gifts.
I wanted to get this post up before the weekend. Hope you get to make one of this and impress your mom, friends or teachers.
- A universally appealing gift. This pretty marbled clay ring dish is probably the easiest that I’ve made which looks quite like it came from Anthropologie. I have found that not mixing the colors too much gives the best results, and lighter clay is gorgeous for ring or knick knacks. I got my clay from Amazon and baked it at 275 degrees for 2 hours and left it in the convection oven overnight. I make them a little thicker so it looks quite sturdy and is not delicate. Here is the link of the Marbled dish, it is beautiful with step by step.
2. This is for the ones who love a luxurious alone, peace and calm time.
A luxurious bath is a must. Bath bombs are a favorite of mine, and rose perfumed ones are just perfect to relax with some candles a book and some soft music. You will be so impressed that you can make them for a fraction of the cost, and also at how easy it is. Make these and pack them up in cellophane.
3. For the emotional ones who love cards and written notes.
Printable DECK CARDS: This is for the emotional moms who love to read the thoughtful messages over and over again. I think it’s too sweet to print out a deck of cards with messages typed in. It shows that you’ve put in thought and a lot of love. Here’s the site where you can print out pretty cards.
4. This is for the coffee and tea lovers.
It looks so pretty and every time they drink out of it, they are going to be reminded how much thought you put in. It’s probably one of the easiest DIY’s and you can find plain colored mugs in DAISO, AMAZON, IKEA, TARGET… for a dollar or little more.
I have made these and I got food proof paint and baked it on low for 2 hours. That way, you can put it in the dishwasher and microwave it. But you can use the nail polish mugs just to hold spoons, or any small knick knacks too. It’s really pretty.
5. For everyone who loves a good lip balm.
Lip Balms are another favorite of mine, and this is one that I make every year, have gifted many and they swear by them. I like using tint in them so you can just use these and it gives a hint of color. The important thing is to make them and let them sit in the refrigerator for a month, they harden and cure well and don’t melt easily. It is one of the BEST lip balms ever. You will not buy one after making these.
Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful week. I plan to take a bit of a break and get away for the weekend. Love and hugs to all.