A common summer day, to me, means pj’s, workout pants, and staying in all day procrastinating. Days start late and run late. The workout pants are very convenient for regular hikes and runs. There is no routine and no professionalism, just hanging out and thinking about what to do next. Sometimes we decide an impromptu drive, a swim, or a movie marathon. We are regulars to the half price book store. By the end of summer, we have a huge sale ourselves. I love summer and hanging out with the boys very much. Of course, every once in a while, I get bored of this regimen and decide to have friends over. Summer entertaining is the best. I get out the frills, the flowers, and a pretty hair do, which is always fun.
Last summer I threw a simple chaat party with a lassi bar. Each chose their fruits, and we whipped up their lassi. Lassi is quite a common yogurt drink for Indian summers. Mostly made plain or mango which is quite popular. The twist to the regular was a hit. You can use any seasonal fruits of your choice and follow the proportions. It requires very less prep, so its a casual way to entertain. I love the laid back aspect of sitting around the kitchen, letting your friends decide and be a part of prepping dinner.
Hope all of you are doing well and having a good time. Enjoy summer and if it’s winter in your neck of the woods, have fun.
- 1 cup fresh shelled lychee or a cup of canned lychee without the water.
- 1 cup 2% milk fat yogurt thick
- ½ cup coconut water(optional) or water chilled
- ¼ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3-4 tbsp sugar or accordingly
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 1 cup ice cold chilled water
- 2-3 tbsp of cane sugar
- pinch of salt
- Blend everything along with the ice cubes in a blender and whip till smooth. If you still see a bit of chunks, you can pass it through a sieve for a smooth lassi. Pour in tall glasses and serve immediately.
- Blend everything for the pineapple lassi until smooth and blended well. Pour in glasses with some ice cubes and serve immediately.