Caramel Cardamom Affogato. It’s simple, it’s classy, it’s refined yet unfussy, it requires almost no effort and a mere two or three ingredients, yet it can finish a meal on a note as strong and sexy, as the espresso used to make it.
I run away from pinks and hearts as far as I can. I remember the days, when giddy young girls/friends would wait for a flower or pink balloon or a card and I hid under tables. Valentines was never my thing. Didn’t understand it then, don’t get it now.
But, desserts are my thing. Being a big fan of coffee, affogato is as sexy as it can get. Simple and absolutely non fussy, can be whipped up in no time and hits a spot always.
Caramel Cardamom Affogato
Doesn’t it look heavenly! The best part about this dessert is your children will not steal from you because it requires a sophisticated adult taste and a deep love for coffee…and caramel. Better yet, only two ingredients are needed. Ice-Cream and Espresso. Affogato is Italian for “drowned”, so literally what you get is delicious ice-cream drowned in a shot of espresso. Being a avid cardamom user, it was but natural to add cardamom pods while brewing and the subtle spice just works.
The espresso maker – https://espressounplugged.com/ilsa-turbo-express-stovetop-espresso-maker
Fairy floss – Amazon
- 4 oz. cold brew coffee(light)
- ⅓ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 oz salted caramel coffee liquor(optional)
- vanilla bean ice cream
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- Chocolate syrup to drizzle
- Fairy floss just to top for the drama and touch of sweetness
- Brew the coffee with cardamom in it or crush the green cardamom pods lightly and add it to the brewed coffee, let it sit for 30 minutes and cool.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into chilled cocktail or dessert glasses.
- Pour cold brew mixture over the vanilla ice cream, dividing it evenly between the glasses. Add 1 oz of the caramel liquor. Grate nutmeg over the top. Serve immediately.
If you make this Caramel Cardamom Affogato, tag me #foodfashionparty .
*Please do tag me on Instagram @foodfashionparty if you make this, using the hashtag #foodfashionparty. Check out my book MASALA AND MEATBALLS.
Stay in touch for more delicious food on Instagram and Pinterest. Follow on Snapchat (@ashfoodfashion) for daily doses of food.*